Monday, October 10, 2011

International Babywearing Week 2011

I thought of some clever titles for this post but decided I wanted the purpose to be known more than my wit (which is sorely lacking).  Being the intro to a week of IBW posts, made that even more important to me.  I don't have any huge plans for this week.  My #1 priority is using this week as an excuse to get that Ergo post up.  That is my goal for the week, even if I have to retake the pictures or buy a new camera cord.  I am excited that there will be a local event this year.  International Babywearing Week 2011 has been "officially" declared this year and our group is marking it with a walk later this week.  I cannot wait!

Last year our group was fairly new.  There were no events planned.  I had big plans though, even if they weren't babywearing related.  I was going on a road trip.  I was not only going on a road trip but I was doing it alone with 5 of the kids.  Before we even left the house I was wishing for that extra arm.  I always say that moms need an extra arm and it's a shame God doesn't make it so we sprout one with birth.  God, wonderfully, gave us the ingenuity to figure it out ourselves though.  For centuries women have tied babies to themselves with a length of fabric.  In many parts of the country they still just use a simple piece of cloth.  In  modernized countries we can do have more choices.  Many women still rely on a piece of cloth.

To survive my trip with a 14 year old (who was a wonderful help), 5 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old and 3 month old I brought many extra "arms".  I got to celebrate International Babywearing Week 2010 by truly spreading the babywearing awareness across 5 states.  I also got to show everything babywearing helps you to do.  And, I got to show off several different carriers.  If you missed the pictures last year, here is my memories of IBW 2010.
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment